I’m back with a few more challenge cards for the week. First up is this adorable valentine card I made for a friend.
I used MFT’s Adorable Elephants (emphasis on adorable) stamps and coordinating dienamics. The stenciled background was made by diecutting a background piece but then using it as a stencil. In this case I used MFT’s Hugs & Kisses Cover-up Dienamic to create a background of little x’s and o’s. I colored the elephant cuties with Copic markers and popped some up with foam tape on little oval shadows. I used this week’s MFT sketch (MFTWSC317) as inspiration for the layout.
I combined this week’s Color Throwdown with two challenges from SCS to create this cute card:
I masked some of the little critters from Avery Elle’s Band Camp set to create this parade of animals. Normally, I would have colored them more vibrantly but I was trying to stick to the pastel colors of the color challenge. I colored the image with Copic markers and popped up the panel using craft foam. Used a Swiss Dot stencil to create a soft background. Here are the challenges I incorporated into this card:
- Teapot Tuesday called uplifting music, music notes, etc. These little critters sure look like they’re putting out some sweet sounds.
- SCS Ways to Use It challenge this week called for a nod to Australian friends down under. Surely you;d find kangaroos and crocodiles in Australia although I doubt they’d be as nice as these cuties here.
- Soft pastel colors were the colors for Color Throwdown’s challenge #427. It was a challenge for me to do soft coloring using pastel colors – I’m usually all about the bold, bright hues.
My last card for today uses the stinkin cute yet’s from MFT’s Beast Friends. I colored the images with Copic markers then cut them out using the coordinating dienamics. For the background I used an ink blending tool with dye ink (Blueberry, Tropical Teal, Spearmint) and added a few water droplets. The panel was cut using MFT’s Stitched Basic Edges Dienamics. I cut an additional edge in Tropical Teal cardstock to add a thin border. The sentiment is from MFT’s Cozy Greetings stamp set and was embossed with ZING! embossing powder (Charcoal opaque).
I was able to combine three more challenges for this card:
- SCS Friday Free For All challenge called for cuddly/snuggly things. Now normally I’d think a Yeti or Abominable Snowman might be mean or try to bite – am I right? Definitely not so snuggly. BUT these little guys, on the other hand, are totally cuddly and snuggly. They sure look cozy with a scarf and hot cocoa.
- The second challenge I incorporated was SCS Mix-Ability challenge which was Brr Make it Frosty. Yeti’s are typically found in the snowy regions, aren’t they? And, they must be chilly; afterall, he’s wearing a scarf.
- Lastly, I used the color combination from MFT’s Color Challenge which is Gravel Gray, Blueberry, Spearmint, and Tropical Teal.
Thanks for looking!